Taman SEA (also known as SS23) is one of the oldest housing estate located in Petaling Jaya that consists of both freehold and leasehold neighbourhoods. It is surrounded by other mature neighbourhoods – Bandar Utama to the North, Damansara Jaya to the East, Taman Megah to the West, and SS2 to the South.
Residential Neighbourhoods in SS23 Taman SEA
Most of the houses in Taman SEA comprises of double storey terrace houses, with various built-ups of between 987 sq ft and 5,940 sq ft. Land area dimensions range from:
These homes have a minimum of 3 bedrooms, although the majority of them have at least 4 bedrooms.
These landed residential neighbourhoods can be split into 6 sections:
- Jalan SS23/21, Jalan SS23/23, Jalan SS23/19, Lorong SS23/19b, Lorong SS23/19c, and Lorong SS23/19d
- Jalan SS23/4, Lorong SS23/4c, Lorong SS23/4b, Jalan SS23/9, Jalan SS23/7, Lorong SS23/4a, Lorong SS23/2a, Jalan SS23/5, Jalan SS23/3. and Jalan SS23/1
- Jalan SS23/8, Lorong SS23/6f, Lorong SS23/6e, Lorong SS23/6d, Lorong SS23/6c, Lorong SS23/6B, Lorong SS23/6a, and Jalan SS23/6
- Jalan SS23/29, Jalan SS23/31, Jalan SS23/33, Jalan SS23/35
- Lorong SS23/12a, Jalan SS23/37, Jalan SS23/39, Lorong SS23/10c, Lorong SS23/10b, Lorong SS23/10a
- The Grove Waterscape Villas is a private, low density, bungalow-only, guarded community. There are 35 bungalows in The Grove.
In each neighbourhood, there is a large field with a playground, badminton court, tennis court, and basketball court where residents may enjoy outdoor activities.
There are also low-rise townhouses in Taman SEA:
- Akasia Townhouse along Jalan SS23/12
- Meridian Townhouse along Jalan SS23/12
- Cora Plus along Jalan Jenjarum
- Laman 38 along Jalan Jenjarum
- Li Villa Townhouse along Jalan Jenjarum
- Damansara Villa along Jalan Jenjarum
- Ixora Residence along Jalan Jenjarum
These townhouses sit on leasehold land and are strata titled. Whereas the standard double-storey houses in the other parts of SS23 Taman SEA – sit on freehold land and are residential, individual title.
ACCESSIBILITY AND AMENITIES
The major main roads in and around Taman SEA are Jalan SS 24/1, Jalan SS 23/17, and Jalan SS 23/13. Jalan SS 24/1 links Taman SEA with Taman Megah and Damansara Jaya. Jalan SS 23/13 is the shortcut to the Lebuhraya Damansara-Perdana (LDP), to the North-Klang Valley Expressway.
Taman SEA is well located at about 15 minutes away from the Kuala Lumpur city centre and a short 5 minutes drive to the many popular shopping malls in Petaling Jaya: 1 Utama, Atria Shopping Gallery, Starling Mall, Paradigm Mall, 3 Damansara Mall, and Glo Damansara Mall.
In Taman SEA are the Beaconhouse Sri Inai Kindergarten, Tadika Grace Community Services, Peter & Jane Kindergarten Taman Sea. There are also other primary and secondary schools a short distance away, such as SMK Damansara Jaya, SK Damansara Jaya 1, SK Taman Megah, and SJKC Yuk Chai.
The other amenities such as restaurants, cafes, offices, grocers, and clinics are located in and around Jalan SS 23/15 and Jalan SS 23/11. Then along Jalan Jenjarum and Jalan SS23/12 are a small industrial area of small factories and workshops.
Public transportation is also extremely convenient with the Bandar Utama LRT3 Kelana Jaya LRT Station only a 5-minute drive away, where there are RapidKL bus stops as well.
Credits toStarProperty, PropSocial