The Sandbox is a virtual world where players can build, own, and monetize their gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain. Creators in The Sandbox have actual ownership in the form of NFTs and are rewarded for their participation in the ecosystem.
This game is to be loved for a lot of reasons:
- The Sandbox has its own platform to create games inside the metaverse. This provides a better experience for users who generate their own content through blockchain and smart contracts.
- The Sandbox has its own tool called VoxEdit where anyone can start creating assets fairly easily. For example, to create 3D assets, users can upload, publish, and then sell their NFT creations which are made with VoxEdit.
Here’s a handy tutorial on how to use VoxEdit: How to get your assets into Minecraft by The Sandbox.
The native token of The Sandbox is SAND and it serves as the basis for all transactions in The Sandbox. This allows users to access the platform, play games, stake, and earn rewards among other things. The SAND token is listed in more than 20 exchanges and the most famous exchanges are Crypto.com, Poloniex, Bittrex, and Kraken.
The Sandbox doesn’t just have lands but they actually have lands that are owned by some of the biggest companies in the world. We’re talking about Atari, South China Morning Post, the Walking Dead, and Snoop Dogg.
The Sandbox is called The Sandbox because you get to create whatever it is that you want with the land that you own. You can have people come to your land, play games on your land, and then earn from those games as well. It doesn’t just stop there! You can even have people watch advertisements and movies on your land.
The only thing that’s stopping you is really just your imagination. To sum it up, it’s sort of like Minecraft or Roblox but in the Metaverse with blockchain technology, etc.
When it comes to buying lands in The Sandbox, you want to make sure that you take into consideration two important factors:
- Make sure your piece of land is close to a very popular spot. For example, if you had bought a piece of land beside Snoop Dogg, you would have been able to sell it for a crazy high price.
- The size of your land. The larger the size, the more things you can build on it. Then you can sell it for a much higher price or earn more money with that piece of land as well.
Now, why would it be a good idea to invest in The Sandbox lands? There are three reasons:
- There is a lot of value in getting these lands, because you can build so many things on them. You can do advertisements on them, make games on them, and then charge people to play those games on your land.
- The Sandbox lands are also becoming really popular. There are some amazing partnerships for The Sandbox, with like Snoop Dogg, the Walking Dead, Dead Mouse, etc.
- It is becoming more and more of a company trend to buy virtual lands, and The Sandbox is definitely the preferred platform right now.