You read the title correctly. Of all the native Apple apps on the iPhone, the Apple Wallet is finally of some use in Malaysia via Apple Pay. You can now pay for your online shopping with Apple Pay. As of writing this post, Apple Pay can be used at a few selected outlets, such as Shopee, Sephora, Atome, Adidas, McDonalds, KFC, Watsons, Village Grocer, Maxis, Starbucks, Pizza Hut, and Uniqlo.
In addition to the addition of travel cards from China mainland, Hong Kong, Japan, and the United States; you can now add your debit or credit card in the Apple Wallet. According to a post by SoyaCincau, Apple Pay is supported by the following banks with Visa and Mastercard:
- Maybank credit, debit, and prepaid cards
- Ambank credit card, and
- Standard Chartered credit card
How to Connect (Maybank) Debit or Credit Card to Apple Wallet:
- Open Wallet app in your iPhone
- Tap “ADD” or “+” button at the top right
- In the “Add to Wallet” screen, tap “Debit or Credit Card” and then tap “Continue”
- In the “Add Card” screen, you can scan your card or “Enter Card Details Manually”. If you can scan your card, the camera will auto detect your card details. Anyway, we’re going to enter card details manually.
- Then, you’ve to verify and complete your card information:
- Card Number,
- Expiry Date, and
- Security Code
- After filling in the card details, Apple will contact your card issuer.
- Then “Agree” to the Terms and Conditions
- Then in the “Card Verification” screen, choose how to verify your card for Apple Pay. You can opt to verify by Text Message or Call Maybank. If you choose “Text Message”, you’ll get a verification code from via SMS.
How to Use Apple Pay
Double-click the side button, authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode and hold near reader. Use Apple Pay wherever you see one of the Apple Pay symbols.
Apple Pay uses NFC (Near-field communication) technology and you’ll need an NFC-enabled device such as the iPhone 6 and above. If you’re planning to use your Apple Watch, Apple Pay is supported on Apple Watch Series 1 and above. Apple Pay can also be used with the iPad and Mac.